Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Henna

We had the pleasure of attending a week's worth of wedding activities for our cousin, Patrick and his bride, Melina.  One of the nights consisted was entirely dedicated to Indian traditions.  Melina's aunt and uncle hosted us at their house and my sister and I got the traditional henna designs on our hands.

Don looking on as I got my henna.

Kells' turn

Kelly got a very detailed and beautiful peacock design.  All of the design options were painted on a candle as you can see.

I got a much simpler paisley design

When we got home from the party, cousin K wanted henna, too, so Kelly painted her a butterfly.

So sweet. Cousin K had to sit still for 30 mins while the henna dried.

And, of course, Stephen wanted in on the action, too!
It is said that the darker then henna dries on your skin, the more love you have.  So, the bride's henna usually is very dark, as she has a lot of love for her new husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment